Read this page in its entirety to become quickly educated in our state of the art roof washing processes...
Don't Replace Your Roof!
Soft Wash It!
Instantly Boost Curb Appeal and Extend the Life of Your Roof
It is common knowledge that replacing a roof is the single most expensive maintenance item on a home.
However, many homeowners neglect any preventative maintenance on their roofs.
Roof cleaning costs as little as 1% of roof replacement cost and regular maintenance can extend the lifespan of a roof two-fold!
If you're thinking about replacing the roof on your home or business because of the streaks you see, then think again. Odds are high your roof has not reached the end of its life expectancy. The majority of roof replacements are done too early and are VERY expensive! If your roof is in good structural condition, but has black streaks (black algae), moss, or lichen patches on it, it DOES NOT need replacement. It needs a WOH Services Soft Roof Cleaning!
Is It Important? Yes!
Here is a letter from an insurance company requiring it from a client of ours (otherwise canceling the policy):
Is It Safe For My Shingles?
Our innovative roof washing system gets the results you want to see every time with 100% biodegradable cleaning solutions.
At Windows of Hope Services, we only use the methods approved by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturer's Association and the leading shingle manufacturers.
Roofs must be cleaned with a gentle, soft wash. We use the only soft washing method approved by shingle manufacturers. Our non-damaging technique along with our unique cleaning formula assures to keep your roof clean and algae free for YEARS! Don't risk your expensive roof by using the wrong cleaning methods!
We also take great care in protecting the landscaping around your home. We bag all downspouts and we cover all bushes. We either cover or thoroughly rinse all plants and trees keeping them properly protected throughout the cleaning process.
Some companies and individuals think it's okay to simply clean roofs with direct pressure washing. WE SAY NO! Direct pressure washing leads to:
- non-uniform color
- damaged shingles
- does not prevent algae, moss or lichen from growing back
- promoting growth of damaging organisms
Remember, DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE to use high pressure on your roof. Use of high pressure is extremely damaging and voids manufacturers warranties.
Should I Wait to Have My Roof Cleaned?
If you have black streaks (black algae), moss, and lichen growing on your roof. It's not just an eye sore...
YOUR ROOF IS BEING DAMAGED!
The organisms are feeding off the materials in your shingles and wearing away at the integrity of your shingles and roof. We promise to completely ELIMINATE these problems from your roof and keep your roof healthy for years to come.
How Long Do I Have To Wait
To See Results?
When WOH Services cleans your roof, you will start to see results the same day. Most of the black algae will be gone right away. However, the moss, lichen, and problem spots may take a few rain and sun cycles to completely wash off once and for all.
How Much Is This Going To Cost Me?
Most customers are shocked at how little we charge. Our services cost a small fraction of a roof replacement and often times make your roof look as good as new! Why spend thousands of dollars on a new roof when you can have the look and the life of your roof greatly improved for hundreds vs. thousands? That's correct, our prices start in the low to mid hundreds of dollars.
During our Seasonal Sale most single story roofs are $300 and most two story roofs are $500 to $600. Square footage and accessibility do factor into the quote such as higher roof square footage, gutters not present, and three and four story roof heights.
Here is an Example of A Roof
A 3,200 square foot roof with an addition on the back, total cost to replace: $13,200 - $15,600! Wow, that's expensive! We can clean a roof for as little as 1% of the cost of a new roof! In some cases, roof replacement is not needed after visual inspection. Many times, there is no damage and no leaks just a mildew infested roof which can be cleaned.
Experienced and Professional
We have washed roofs, siding, decks, concrete and more since 2011 all over the Twin Cities surrounding area.
1. Professionally trained staff by a Nationally Accredited Association.
2. Committed to your satisfaction.
3. We provide a 3 Year Guarantee against the return of black algae streaks.
4. An amazing knowledge base for roof cleaning and soft washing.
5. We follow the highest standards in the roof cleaning industry in both safety and technique.
Our experience and knowledge are unsurpassed and unmatched. We continue our education every year by attending trade shows and networking with other companies throughout the United States.
How We Clean Your Roof? The Roof Cleaning Process Explained...
First, our Lead Tech will introduce himself to you, the customer and then clearly state what we will be doing.
- Then we properly prepare the landscaping surrounding your home. We generously water (and cover your plants if needed) before cleaning the roof.
- All gutter drains are either bagged, redirected, or diluted to ensure any runoff doesn't harm a thing.
- Although it is not required, our preparation assures that your plants and lawn will be unharmed throughout the cleaning process. We take every precaution we can to protect your landscaping around the home.
- The tech will then place our ladders up on the gutter line of the roof using a ladder standoff. This helps protect the gutters from being damaged.
- Some roofs may have debris such as pine needles, sticks, and loose leaves. Before we begin to apply our soap, we safely sweep and/or blow off the roof when necessary.
- After we are sure that your landscaping is protected, we start the roof cleaning process by gently soaking your roof in our unique cleaning formula from our custom-made spray applicator. One thing sets WOH Service's formula apart from other's products, is our formula contains foaming sticking agents that vastly decreases run-off from the spraying process. This helps keep the product off of your lawn, plants, patios, and decks.
- We spend the next few hours applying multiple coats of cleaning product to your roof to make 100% certain that we have covered every spot that needs cleaning. Results start to appear right away. You will see the black algae stains starting to disappear immediately and all of the moss and lichen will be turning white in color as it dies. At this point we recommend waiting for the rain and sun to cycle several times for the cleaning to be complete.
- You will find that the dead moss and lichen dries in the sun and then washes away in the rain, leaving your roof COMPLETELY CLEAN!
Reasons Why You Should Have Your
Roofs are meant to reflect the sun and keep the attic cool through the use of ridge vents and fans. Black Roofs cost money by absorbing the heat from the sun. This black mold can and will get into your attic and cause a mold problem inside your home, causing other health related problems. Roof cleaning provides:
- Avoids Premature Shingle Failure
- Allows for Proper Home Maintenance
- Energy Savings
- Helps the Environment
- Increases Home Value
- Keeps your home insurance provider from canceling your policy
You will also save money on electric bills because the roof can do its job and reflect heat instead of absorbing heat. Retain the life span of the roof with a professional clean.
Roof washing is one of the quickest and most affordable ways to improve the appearance of a home or business. Mold, algae, moss, and lichen can build up and eat away at your roof, taking years off the life of your roof.
Although black streaks on asphalt shingles are commonly attributed to mold, they are most commonly caused by a bacteria called Gloeocapsa Magma (common name Blue Green Algae) that is spread by spores through the wind and from animals.
Our method of cleaning is the only one recommended by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association. Never hire someone who is going to use high pressure on your roof. Pressure will take years of usefulness off of your roof.
We use a safe biodegradable cleaning solution and take all the proper precautions to make sure none of your landscaping is harmed as we clean your roof.
Google Review: "They delivered as promised. Price was reasonable for the work conducted. They explained the whole process, did a nice job cleaning our roof and removing debris, and cleaned up nicely after the job was done. Would use again and recommend."