Our Gutter Cleaning Services:
Cleaning Gutters is laborious and dirty, no homeowner enjoys this task. We offer gutter cleaning services so you don't have to climb ladders and get your hands dirty. No more asking the neighbor or your husband to clean the gutters and hoping they don't fall. Call us and we'll get it done quickly and efficiently. Homes and businesses alike can benefit from gutter cleaning. Keep yourself and family members safe; have us do the work for you.
Gutters: Cleaning the Inside
It can be nice to relax with a warm drink cozied up while listening to the rain outside. However, it is a completely different experience looking outside only to see rainwater flowing over the edge of the gutter line. Cleaning the gutter system is an unavoidable, time consuming and physically challenging task. Improperly functioning gutters can lead to a rusted system where replacement becomes inevitable. The primary function of the gutter system is to move moisture and rain away from the home, preventing leaks and flooding to the home's interior. When debris is in the gutter, water gets trapped and freezes in winter, forming ice dams. When the ice dams begin to melt, water gets under the shingles and works its way into the homes ceilings and walls causing water damage and mold. Research indicates that 87% of all exterior home mold starts in the gutters. Plus, ice dams are heavy and cause harm not only to the homes interior and roof, but also to the gutter system itself. This damage can be greatly reduced by having the gutters cleaned out regularly.
A Better way
As with other maintenance tasks, Windows of Hope Services knows that when it comes to cleaning your gutters, timing is everything. Most home's gutter system should be cleaned twice per year, at the beginning of spring and at the beginning of fall. Cleaning the gutters in early spring will ensure proper flow during the rainiest month, minimizing the risk of rust and weight damage to the gutters and fascia as well as water damage from over flowing gutters. Having the gutters cleaned at the beginning of fall ensures the leaves will still be dry, minimizing the chance for mold build up. When precipitation occurs the water will flow freely through the gutter and into the downspout ensuring little or no damage to the gutter. Do not wait to have the gutters cleaned only one time per year if you have tall trees in your yard. Minimal cleaning assures small animals such as squirrels and birds have had time to nest among the debris and leave their droppings in the gutter. We even had a customer say she had snakes living in her gutter (she had gutter protection installed and never cleaned them). The presence of organic matter and water leads to the formation of mold, contributing to the further clogging of the gutter system. Our technicians clear all the gutters and downspouts to ensure proper water flow.
How our methods will benefit you...
What if you have Gutter Guards, Gutter Screens, or Foam Inserts in or on your gutter system?
- We get on the ladders so you don't have to.
- Gutters scheduled twice per year. You don't have to worry, we call you or get set up on 'Clean it and Forget It' auto scheduling.
- Options for debris to be removed by hand and hauled away or gutter blow out for lowest cost.
- Downspouts checked to ensure proper flow.
- Less chance of ice dams and mold.
If our company did not install the gutter or gutter guard system currently in place, you the homeowner needs to be aware that Windows of Hope Services is not responsible for any existing or future damage caused by cleaning out your gutters. Gutter protection systems come in all shapes and sizes and are generally made of sheet metal, plastic, or foam inserts. These guards being exposed to the elements increases the potential of damage even further. For example: plastic guards have a tendency to warp and become brittle after prolonged exposure to the sun, wind , and rain. Aluminum wire and sheet metal guards can easily get bent up. Foam inserts will only last for so long before they begin to disintegrate. Windows of Hope Services won't be responsible for the aforementioned or for broken clips, prongs, holes, bent pieces of screen or guards, etc. All being common issues with gutter guards that face the elements. Please be advised that if we remove the gutter system to access and clean, the gutter protection system warranty may be voided.
What is the solution?
Over time we have tried various methods to clean gutters with gutter guard systems in place. We have a few ways of cleaning the gutter system. If you have some type of gutter guard system in place, these are the methods we use to clean your gutters.
- Clear the top of the 'guards' off - removing any debris that has accumulated.
- Clear any debris off the roof valleys - only going up as far as the technician can reach using a pole if the roof is not easily walkable.
- Use a sprayer (spraying inside the gutter) or leaf blower to push the debris toward and down the downspout until all debris is removed from the gutter and downspout OR remove one or more guards to remove the debris by hand.
- If the downspouts have an underground pipeline to channel the water, we will remove the piping from the downspout end to prevent clogging from any gutter debris (we are not responsible for cleaning the underground gutter piping).
- Clean loose debris off the outside of the gutter. (Gutter polishing/brightening is an optional add on.)
- (optional) Bag and remove any debris from the landscape, bottom of the downspouts, roof valleys, and gutter system.
Do you have a guarantee?
We offer a 15 day guarantee that your gutters and downspouts are clog free once we have completed the gutter cleaning service. If you discover a clog 14 days later, just call us and we'll schedule a follow up service call free of charge.