Before replacing a dryer, see if we can fix the problem.
A professional dryer vent cleaning can easily pay for itself in less than a year due to increased efficiency, reduced drying times, and reduced wear and tear on the dryer. Most importantly, it could prevent a house fire.
06/19/2019 Lora L ★★★★★
Windows of Hope Services went above and beyond to clean my clothes dryer vent. There were issues with the way my dryer was installed which they fixed prior to the cleaning. Their employees were very professional and efficient. I highly recommend them!
7 Signs you need
your dryer vent cleaned
- Clothes are not dry after 40 minutes
- Clothes smell musty
- Clothes or dryer are unusually hot
- Excessive lint in the dryer lint trap/filter
- A noticeable amount of lint is found outside where the duct exits the house
- Excessive heat in the laundry room while the dryer is running
- It has been more than a year since the last cleaning
Our service includes:
- Inspecting the dryer, duct, and vent
- Cleaning the back of the dryer including air intake vents
- Thoroughly cleaning the duct
- Repair or replacement of the ductwork (optional for a fee)
Facts about home clothes dryer fires
According to the NFPA report:
- In 2010-2014, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 15,970 home structure fires involving clothes dryers or washing machines each year.
- These fires caused annual averages of 13 civilian deaths, 444 civilian injuries, and $238 million in direct property damage.
- The vast majority of fires (92%) involved clothes dryers.
According to U.S. Fire Administration:
- Failure to clean the dryer is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
- More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.